6.1.10

The Epiphany

Today is Three Kings' Day, also known as the Epiphany, and celebrated with gift-giving, parades, and lots of eating/drinking. Of course I celebrated with my Mallorcan family and ate and drank like a princess. Instead of doing a gift exchange with the whole family, we did a "secret santa" which they call "invisible king". I did not have anybody so I did no expect anything- that was quite the understatement!! I received gifts from not only my madre but a bracelet from her grand daughters!

After appetizers, drinks, 2 entrees, dessert, cava and liquor, I went out for a walk and coffee with the grand daughters who are my fairy stepsisters (they call me their cousin because we are the same age, but in the family tree I am technically their aunt).

WHAT A FABULOUS DAY! I am off to watch two movies back to back with my madre to wind down the evening and am sure to fall asleep with her in the salon.

Buenas noches a todos and a happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment