14.12.09

Princess for a week

Due to a minor medical leave of absence, my madre has left me the man of the house for the past 3 nights. I can blast music, watch movies aside from ones played on TCM in black and white (but still all dubbed in Spanish), eat normal sized meals and relax. Although I do not know how to turn on the radiators and it is 16 degress centigrade (6o Fahrenheit), I heat my legs and feet up under the table with a built-in heat lamp in the tv room. My madre's family members have stopped by with a variety of dishes, meals, and sweets for me to eat as if I were somehow suffering from this leave of absense- ha!

I have visited my madre in her hospital room a block up the street and told her that I am living large, as always, because she is the queen of Palma and I, her princess. She joked about staying in the hospital a while longer to let me enjoy her palace and her friends' and family's cooking charity (it's truly like having my own apartment, but overly decorated with grandma knicknacks).

Life is good, and Antonia is well enough to be my slave again. I await the queen's return tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment