16.6.09

Part of the grind


I'm now a working class hero, on the train by 7:45 and home by 6.  In my window office and eating lunch in a lounge, no longer a dining hall.  BUT I LOVE IT! I'm working at a non-profit organization in Boston, Community Work Services.  It is the oldest vocational rehabilitation facility in the U.S. where we train homeless and disabled people to get jobs- and what a better thing to be doing in this economy. We have lots of participants eager for our help!  

The organization is small and almost closed its doors 5 years ago.  Lucky for me, I am working with a solid team who has welcomed me in to their family and helped me get to know the industry in only 3 weeks.  I am also thrilled to be busy since the weather has not been acting like it's June recently.  


No comments:

Post a Comment